Solutions Tailored for Staffing Agencies
Staffing Agency Background Checks Provider
The staffing industry is competitive, but performing background checks on candidates can establish your company as a leader, and allow you to offer your clients with a clear picture of whom they will hire.
Our Staffing industry solutions helps our clients exceed their clients’ expectations by providing speed and accuracy for all our services.
Healthcare Screening Searches
Adult Abuse Registry Check
Federal Criminal Records Search
HIPDB - Healthcare Integrity & Protection Data Bank
Health Care Sanction Check and Monitoring (FACIS®)
Confirm if an applicant or employee has been sanctioned or excluded from participating in federal and state healthcare programs. The AccuSource Health Care Sanction Check goes beyond OIG and GSA checks to search the Fraud and Abuse Control Information System (FACIS®), a current and historical database of sanctions, exclusions, debarments and disciplinary actions, for information about an applicant. If there is a confirmed record, AccuSource can directly contact the sanctioning board to confirm or clear possible name matches returned by FACIS® based on identifiers provided by the customer. AccuSource Health Care Sanction Monitoring performs the same search on an ongoing basis.
There are the compliant levels of searches:
- Level 1M (Federal + State Exclusion Lists) combines Level 1 which searches multiple federal agencies—with state Medicaid exclusion lists in more than 20 states
- Level 2 (Federal, State Exclusion Lists + 1 State) combines Level 1M which searches multiple federal agencies and available state Medicaid exclusion lists with available state agency searches conducted in one state of your choice.
- Level 3 (Federal, State Exclusion Lists + 50 States) combines 1M which searches multiple federal agencies and available state Medicaid exclusion lists with available Level 2 searches conducted in all 50 states.
National Sex Offender Registry Search
Initiate a broader search of sex offender registries. The AccuSource National Sex Offender Registry Search conducts a search via the National Sex Offender public website, which searches information about sex offenders for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam and many U.S. tribes.
National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB)
Certain health care organizations can use an AccuSource NPDB Check to help determine if a physician, dentist, or other health care professional has a history of unprofessional behavior or incompetency. An AccuSource NPDB Check can help healthcare organizations, such as hospitals, meet certain regulatory requirements.
Other benefits include:
- Ensuring a safer environment for patients – The NPDB can reveal a history of unprofessional conduct, incidents of incompetence, malpractice payments, or adverse actions that could affect patient safety.
- Compliance with industry regulations – Hospitals must perform a NPDB check when a practitioner applies for privileges, every 2 years on practitioners on staff or holding privileges, and at other times.
- Reduced risk during litigation – Failure to perform necessary NPBD checks on a practitioner may give a plaintiff or their attorney access to the NPDB information on that practitioner for use in litigation.
Nurse Aide Registry Check
Ensure that you verify the credentials of a nurse aide. AccuSource Nurse Aide Registry Check checks state registries to confirm a nurse aide’s credentials and the aide’s certification is in good standing.
Social Security Number Validation
Identify an invalid Social Security Number (SSN) using information and number assignment methodology from the Social Security Administration (SSA). For any SSN issued before June 25, 2011, the AccuSource Social Security Number Validation™ identifies the year and state of issuance and checks the SSA Death Index to help detect anomalies.
Test for the presence of illicit drug use with urine testing. AccuSource Urine Drug Test provides the option of multiple panels and lab-based or instant tests to fit an employer’s needs.
County Criminal Records Search
Global Homeland Security Search
The AccuSource Global Homeland Security Search compiled from lists provided by U.S. and various international governmental agencies of individuals who may be involved in terrorist activities, money laundering, illegal imports, fraud against government agencies, violations of federal banking regulations, and fugitives from justice. Information may include date of birth, place of birth, citizenship, employment or group membership or affiliation.
- Australian Reserve Bank Sanctions List
- Bank of England Sanctions List
- Debarred Parties List
- Denied Persons List
- European Union Terrorism Sanctions List
- FDA List
- Fugitive Lists –FBI Most Wanted
- U.S. Marshals Most Wanted
- Secret Service Most Wanted
- DEA Fugitives list
- Health and Human Services Exclusion List
- Interpol Most Wanted
- OFAC; Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS)
- OFSI (Canadian Sanctions List)
- Palestinian Legislative Council List
- United Nations Consolidated Sanctions List
- US General Services Administration Excluded Parties List
- World Bank Listing of Ineligible Individuals
Motor Vehicle Records Check
Identify the status of an applicant’s driver’s license, license type, endorsements, restrictions, driving violations, suspensions and revocations. The AccuSource Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) Check provides this information and shows driving under the influence (DUI) convictions for states that report this information in driving records.
Multi-State / National Criminal Database Search
Expand the investigation of an applicant’s criminal history by searching additional databases to locate potential criminal records data. It enables organizations to conduct a wider search of an applicant’s potential criminal history by identifying possible criminal history records beyond an applicant’s known address history and stated work locations. Possible records are verified at the source before being reported.
Professional License & Credential Verification
Save time confirming an applicant’s professional license. The AccuSource Professional License Verification verifies an applicant’s license with the issuing authority, reveals disciplinary actions and identifies renewal and expiration dates. In addition to performing a professional license check on an applicant prior to employment, organizations may want to continually check to confirm the employee’s license is valid and in good standing. Organizations can submit their roster to AccuSource Professional License Tracking service at pre-defined intervals in advance of a renewal deadline to keep employees informed of this requirement and allow them enough time to satisfy continuing education and testing requirements.
OIG Excluded Parties Check
Identify individuals that are excluded from participation in Federal healthcare programs, including Medicare and Medicaid. The AccuSource OIG Excluded Parties Check searches the List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Office of the Inspector General (OIG).
The list of excluded individuals/entities produced by the Check is intended to help healthcare providers comply with regulations relating to Federal healthcare programs. It supports reimbursement claims by health care providers by allowing organizations to ensure compliance with regulations and helps to reduce potential risks and liabilities from excluded parties.
Social Security Number Trace
Identify the names and addresses associated with a Social Security Number (SSN) using credit headers records. The AccuSource Social Security Number Trace provides an applicant’s history of addresses based on where the applicant has established credit. This may provide more information for other screening services and can also help detect an incorrect SSN.
Professional Reference Check
Gain information on an applicant that can provide you with greater insight into the applicant’s professional background. The AccuSource Professional Reference Check uses open-ended questions to interview an applicant’s former colleagues and coworkers and provides a report on their responses.
Staffing Additional Products and Programs
Pre-Adverse/Adverse Action Letters
AccuSource has streamlined the pre-adverse and adverse action process for organizations by building automated compliance tools into the InstaScreen 2.0 platforms that can be accessed with a single click from a completed background report.
Organizations that use AccuSource’s Adverse Action service will benefit from the following:
- Reduced time and complexity requirements to comply with FCRA guidelines
- Minimized paperwork and custom documentation
- Consistent, pre-approved company letters in a convenient location
- Centralized repository for pre-adverse and adverse action letters
AccuSource electronically enters your organization’s current adjudication guidelines into your AccuSource account, and an AccuSOurce adjudicator applies your guidelines to each completed background check report. Reports that satisfy your guidelines are identified as ‘meets company standards’; all others are identified as ‘pending’ so you can perform an individualized review to determine whether or not the candidate meets your organization’s hiring guidelines based on the position applied for.
- Applicant Tracking
- Drug Testing
- Electronic I9 & E-Verify
- Global Background Checks
- Student Background Checks
- Vendor Background Checks
- Volunteer Background Checks
Healthcare Package for Medical Staff (Physicians, Nurses, Nursing Aids, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Tech, Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant, EMT/Paramedic, Medical Record Technician, Physical Therapists)
Recommended Background Checks Services
- Social Security Trace
- Social Security Validation
- County Criminal Records Search
- Multi-State/National Criminal Database Search
- Federal Criminal Records Search
- Sexual Offender Registry Search
- Global Homeland Security Search
- Employment Verifications
Background Checks – Optional Services
- Education Verifications
- Professional License and Credential Verifications
- Professional References
- Credit Reports
- Driver Records (MVR)
- Pre-Adverse/Adverse Action
- Customizable Drug Panels
- E-verify & Electronic storage
Government & Healthcare Staffing Industries (Add-on Searches)
- Sanction Search – OIG Level 3, 2 or 1M
- OIG Monitoring – Level 3 and Level 1
- Misconduct/Abuse Registries
- National Practitioner Databank (NPDB)
- HIPDB – Healthcare Integrity & Protection Data Bank
- NAR – Certified Nurse Aide Registry